Centro Estrella – Inclusive Preschool
The goal of ALMA Family Services Inclusive Pre-school is to provide a quality preschool curriculum which includes a variety of positive, challenging, and growth experiences to best meet the needs of our students, and their families.
- To prepare children academically for kindergarten (i.e. color, shapes, numbers, and the alphabet).
- Open communication and interactions between participants, parents, families and staff members.
- Strengthening of both individual and group skills.
- Active support of the therapeutic benefits of recreational, social and community involvement.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment for all participants while assisting in the enhancement of socialization skills.
- Development of self-esteem.
- Through our Community Collaboration our families are linked to appropriate community resources as needed.
Eligibility Criteria and Registration Requirements
There are no income restrictions. Children must be 4 years old by October 1st in order to enroll. Must reside in the Los Angeles County.
Our developmentally appropriate curriculum is High Scope. Our ratio is 8 children per 1 staff.
Alma Family Services Inclusive Preschool Program staff is selected for their qualifications, which exemplify high standards and principles of our organization. All staff must meet or exceed the State of California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing (CCL) criteria for employment (Title XXII, Section 101216).
Skills and activities adapted from the American Red Cross Learn to swim Program will be taught to youth participating in the Inclusive Preschool Program. Small groups will participate 1-2 times per week in learning swim basics, water safety, and socialization skills. All aquatics activities are instructed by trained and certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards. Parental consent is required for participation.
Alma Family Services Preschool is funded by Los Angeles Universal Preschool (LAUP) through First Five of California